New clients often notice I reference a handful of books when we’re working together. I’ve found it handy to highlight a few of these resources as a way of getting on the same page before launching into a coaching or consulting engagement.
Every one of these books has proven instrumental to the launch and success of my own companies over the years, as well as to those of the clients I work with. I try to keep this list hovering below a dozen, and I update it from time to time when a new book comes along that does an even better job of gathering up the concepts that fascinate me.
- Bit Literacy, Mark Hurst
- Daring Greatly, Brené Brown PhD
- Get Clients Now!, C.J. Hayden
- Getting Things Done, David Allen
- How the World Sees You, Sally Hogshead
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work, Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Profit First, Mike Michalowicz
- The Brand You! 50, Tom Peters
- The Portable Coach, Thomas J. Leonard
- The Power of Unpopular, Erika Napoletano
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield
- Work Less, Make More, Jennifer White
Updated: December 5, 2019